Thursday, March 19, 2009

Nathan's favorite chocolate chip cookies

Alright, I will tell you I have tried dozens, if not hundreds of chocolate chip cookie recipes. The most recent from Lavain Bakery in NY, not really from them, they don't publish it, but supposedly a copy from someone who is a huge fan. Suppose to be the best. Even won the showdown with Bobby Flay. But I have to say, mine are the best!! And there is a secret ingredient that I add. They are great without it, and it is not included. If you are lucky enough to know what it is, keep it to yourself. I have to have something to pass on the kids!!

1 c unsalted butter-softened
3/4 c sugar
1 c brown sugar (dark is my favorite)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Combine butter and sugars until creamed well. Add vanilla and eggs. Beat on med-high for 5 minutes (do NOT skip this, I think it is key). In bowl combine 3 c. flour, 3/4 tsp. baking soda and 1 tsp salt. Add to mixer and mix until combined. Do not over mix. Add 2 c chocolate chips (I love to chop a chocolate bar instead) and 1 c. toasted chopped walnuts (or no nuts for you nuts). Drop by teaspoonful onto baking sheet (I love a smaller cookie, that way I can eat two...or three.... or five and not feel as guilty). Bake for 8-10 minutes. Now watch them CAREFULLY! When they are just starting to turn golden on the top, pull them out. But DON'T take off the cookie sheet yet (unless you like them slightly underdone in the middle) Let them sit for 4-5 minutes. Then take them off the sheet. Perfection!!!! Makes about 40 cookies.

1 comment:

  1. Some of us are not greatest bakers and it would be nice to know the secrets to make amazing cookies...but I guess if you want to keep secrets, then fine, be that way! ;)

    ReplyDelete