Sunday, March 29, 2009

Best side dish...ever???

OK so this is NOT so kid friendly. Fine by me. Then the leftovers are lunch the next day. And they are just as good the next day, trust me. Another trusted recipe from Dawn. I love this time of year. I always start craving veges, BBQ and corn on the cob when it hits the 80's. I live in Vegas so it's been in the 80's since mid March. Sorry to you who are still having to put your SUV's in 4WD every other day still... somebody has to do it, I am just happy it's not me. So here it is, you can get all this stuff, even in the snow.
2-3 Zucchini or Italian squash (I am not sure the difference if there is one)
2-3 tomatoes (any kind)
1/2 lb. button mushrooms
1/2 medium onion
1 T butter
1 T soy sauce
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wash and cut all the veges (and tomato) into bit size (about 1/2") pieces. Put into 8X8 baking dish. Top with butter and soy sauce. Sprinkle cheese on top. Cover with aluminum foil (remember shiny side down) and put into oven for 15-20 minutes. Just until cheese is melted and veges are starting to soften. Serve with anything or just by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment